UN recognizes that SPH Nithyananda Paramashivam and KAILASA were targeted hrough the weaponization of misinformation and disinformation by a section of the neo-Hindutva-backed, politically motivated sections of Indian media. The United Nations (UN) Special Rapporteur on The Promotion and Protection Of The Right To Freedom Of Opinion And Expression has highlighted how a misinformation campaign was carried out against the Supreme Pontiff of Hinduism (SPH) Jagat Guru Mahasannidhanam (JGM) His Divine Holiness (HDH) Bhagavan Sri Nithyananda Paramashivam and His followers, by a section of the Indian media with complete impunity.
It has also highlighted the pattern of media bias, prejudice, misinformation, defamation, and targeting by a section of the Indian media, especially the targeting of women and children by the neo-Hindutva affiliated media, in an attempt to dehumanize, defame and degenerate the revival of Kaialsa, the worlds most ancient enlightened eco system. The current report highlights the gravity of the climate of misinformation in India especially give the political ownership of media in India.
In her report, published on 13 April 2021, the United Nations (UN) Special Rapporteur on The Promotion and Protection of The Right to Freedom of Opinion and Expression examined the threats posed by disinformation to human rights, democratic institutions, and development processes. It was observed that the right to freedom of opinion and expression is not part of the problem, it is the objective and the means for combating disinformation.
The facts presented and recommendations made by KAILASA resonated with several nations – for instance, the Freedom Online Coalition – a coalition of 33 member states, spanning from Africa to Asia, Europe, the Americas, and the Middle East – also submitted their inputs along-side KAILASA for this UN report – which resonates with what KAILASA has highlighted in its various reports. The Freedom Online Coalition called on governments to –
\\\\\\\”Take active steps to address disinformation targeted at vulnerable groups, acknowledging, in particular the specific targeting of and impact on women and persons belonging to minorities.\\\\\\\”
The SPH Nithyananda Paramashivam has been facing persecution for over two decades, especially for His highly progressive stance on Vedic feminism, true women empowerment, and worship of primordial cosmic divinity as the divine mother (Shaktism).
The attacks on the SPH Nithyananda Paramashivam and His community involved a massive volume of State-sponsored lawfare, vexatious litigations, assassination attempts, sexual assaults and gang rape, character assassination, shaming, sexual objectification, and persecution of women, girls, and even children. Unsurprisingly this persecution has been taken serious note of internationally. However the stark reality is this persecution is not just virtually unreported by the Indian media, a certain section of the Indian media has been one of the prime actors and participants in this persecution.
Several recommendations have been made to international human rights organizations, countries, and particularly voiced concerns of 2 billion Hindus to the UN. The full report is available here:
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE REPORT
The report highlighted the roots of the modern Hindu Genocide. The two major matters of concern being –
- The use of media as a weapon to delegitimize and persecute Hindus
- How misinformation is carried and the use of Image morphing deepfake technology to attack and delegitimize the SPH Nithyananda Paramashivam and thus derail the revival of Hinduism.
- The absence of legal recourse is another extremely concerning problem especially in the Indian sub-continent, where court orders are not upheld and executed by the government. The governments have chosen to ignore the plight of Hindus when they are persecuted, despite the cases where courts have ruled in favor of the persecuted Hindu communities. This is especially alarming in the case of the persecution done to the SPH Nithyananda Paramashivam and his devotees, more so the Hindu nuns. In 2018, the SPH Nithyananda Paramashivam was exiled into statelessness as the anti-Hindu Hinduphobic terrorist forces have ever since been on a free run.
- How the social media is aggravating the problem
- The absence of legitimate recourse available for the ordinary citizens, marginalized and persecuted groups who have become ‘an object of hate’ on the social media especially in the case of de-platforming – they have don’t even have a way for appealing for a restoration. This is further exacerbated by the fact that there is no outreach by companies and platform providers to protect such targeted people groups and communities.
- This Weaponization of media has been the root cause of the continued persecution of minority Hindu communities in India.